Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I hope to hear from you!

During the last few days, I've been experiencing discomfort in my abdomen which somewhat resembles the pain I had one month ago when I began to pass the kidney stone.  My urologist warned me that the pain could begin once again, indicating the stone finally making its way down to my bladder so it can pass out of my body.  It hasn't gotten bad enough for me to take the emergency room doctor prescribed pain medication, but I will take it as soon as I feel the time has come.  And I do hope that moment arrives soon!  It's waiting for the unbearable pain to begin that's making me insane.  I see this doctor again on Friday to find out where the stone is, in case I haven't passed it by that time.  Ugh, such a hassle for such a tiny little stone!
My neurologist's nurse called me this afternoon and informed me that the x-rays taken of my lower back and hips came back relatively normal.  They showed some degeneration in my hips (I believe she said it was mostly in the right hip), but there was nothing significant to show anything in which to be terribly concerned.  My neuro had made some notes suggesting either seeing an orthopedic doctor or having me see a physical therapist once again, and I agreed with the physical therapy.  Being that I am not able to drive at this time, I can have visiting nurses come to my home to help me in this for at least a short time.  Besides, I am sure that some of the pain I am feeling in my mid-section is due to the kidney stone I have yet to pass.  Until it is out of my body, I don't feel pursuing anything too in depth would be the most intelligent decision right now.

Dorraine, my very good friend, was a wonderful help to me today.  As I've mentioned before, cooking has become an impossibility for me in recent weeks so she kindly prepared two batches of macaroni and cheese.  Ah, but I don't make my mac and cheese as most do!  For me, it's an entire meal so it needs to have much more than just the ingredients which are in the familiar blue Kraft Macaroni and Cheese box, as Dorraine soon learned.  I like to pour in a lot of dried onion flakes while the water is reaching a boil so they taste almost as if they're fresh onions when I'm eating my dinner later.  Then, to the cheese mixture, I add quite a bit of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning (yes, I like it spicy!), a can of tuna AND 6 ounces feta cheese.  Hey, this is a meal, remember?  Then the macaroni with onions is added and voila.. dinner!  I asked Dorraine to have a taste when it was finished and she really loved the flavor and I somehow have the feeling she may prepare this at home sometime and surprise her hubby with this concoction a la Lucy.  Seriously, it's delicious.
Emmi Sue and Dorraine a couple weeks ago at the vet's office
I have been making some new friends on Facebook who have been brightening up my days beautifully as of late.  Some find me inspiring, others think I'm cute or sexy, some think I'm funny as can be.. but all just enjoy messaging or reading the posts on my "wall."  I'm not much of a chatter but prefer to connect with people via emails on Facebook or eventually talking on the phone with a couple of them, but only after getting to know each other well enough that we feel comfortable in doing so.  I'd like to extend an invitation to those who read my blog and use Facebook to feel free to add me as a friend on that site.  I ask that you include a message with the friend request so I know where you saw me, since I do not add people without knowing who they are first.. but since you know me, I would love to have you as my friend.  You can find me athttps://www.facebook.com/wlrios   I do have another profile on Facebook but rarely use it, so please do not try to contact me there.  This is the one I use on a daily basis and I hope to hear from at least some of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment