Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Embarking on a new endeavor

It didn't hit me until, maybe two hours ago, that I should start a blog about a few things in my life that may interest others.  I could very well be deluding myself in thinking this way, but I really have nothing to lose, do I?  Whether or not anyone will read this, aside from me, almost doesn't matter at this point.  Blogging may be the sort of "therapy" I have needed for a long time.
Emmi Sue, all twisted up
I suppose starting out with a brief explanation of how I came up with the name "MS, 3 cats and Atheism" for my blog would be in order, so here goes.  I am 42 years old and I was diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis) 21 years ago, so it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it was half my life ago that I learned I would have this damn disease inside my body for the duration of my existence.  It has already been quite an interesting journey which, in no way, has come to an end nor has taken me to my absolute depths of despair, even though I thought it had done this to me many times in the past.  It's funny how, as I think back and reflect on what life has brought or taken from me, I realize it could have been better and most definitely could have been far worse.
Allie in a box!
The second part of my title is dedicated to the three most amazing little girls in my life, my cats:  Emmi Sue, Jinger and Allie.  They are truly my daily inspiration to smile, laugh, giggle and have taught me the true meaning of unconditional love in all its glory.
fabulous Jinger
The last part is what has led me to being free to be myself.  Atheism.  Saying I'm an Atheist somehow sounds more harsh in English that it does in Spanish because the word atéa is so much more gentle to the ear, even though the meaning is obviously the same.  It wasn't until I realized that depending on myself and being responsible for my own actions and its consequences did I become the person I am today.  I'm secure in myself and need only to forgive myself for any wrongdoing I commit and not depend on anybody to "bless" me in the name of anyone else.  I am whole because I am me.

Believe me, I'll elaborate on all these topics at a later date (maybe even later on today) but being that it is very late, I need to start getting ready for bed.  I'm happy with my first post and will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment