Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

If you don't like what you see, only you can change it

I've had many thoughts spinning in my mind lately and I'm somewhat uncertain on how to approach writing about what is troubling me or even if I should.  My intention is not to hurt those in my life yet I have a knack for saying things the wrong way and doing the opposite of what I meant to do in voicing (or writing) my views.  But at the same time, I feel attacked when I point out negative aspects of peoples' lives when I mention these things out of concern, not meaning to be hurtful.  I am nowhere near perfect and believe me, I am extremely aware of this.  I am overweight, smoke and have no intention of quitting any time soon, I am stubborn, very opinionated and I am just me.

When I think of some people in my life, I just want to shake them and maybe rattle their brains a little so they'll "wake up" to see life isn't as bad as they make it out to be.  And if you really are going through a rough patch, talking about it sometimes helps rather than wallowing in your own sorrows or not seeking the help you need.  There's no shame in asking for help!  Oh, my goodness.. if I felt too ashamed to ask for help I wouldn't get a darned thing done in my life anymore.  Please, swallow your pride and do what is necessary to get ahead in life rather than drowning as you are.  I am your friend and I say this out of love, not anger.
Depression, anxiety, self-hatred.. all these things are caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain that do not define who any of us are.  It is a condition that can be regulated with the proper medication and psychiatric treatment or medication and speaking with a therapist.  Nothing is impossible as long as you wish to pursue healing.  You know what I've been through and how I cannot survive without taking an anti-depressant for the rest of my life.  Do you judge me for it?  Am I less of a person because of it?  NO!  And the same goes for you. Imagine the huge weight that could be lifted off your shoulders if you found the medication that worked perfectly for YOU.  It took me a long time before I was given the right one but in the meantime, I was on a few that still helped although not as well as what I'm taking now.  You are worth the effort.  You don't deserve the stress you've been under and for the years you've felt the world falling apart around you.  You deserve to feel true happiness and joy but you will never find it until you can accept yourself for the wonderful person you are.. and you truly are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment