Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

Reflections on Emmi Sue and her latest vet visit

With each passing day, Emmi Sue and I grow closer and closer to one another and being the way that I am, I've spent time reflecting on things and the truth is that of my three girls, I have the best relationship with my Emmi Sue, and probably always have.  She has always had a very spitfire type of personality, along with the sweetest disposition followed with bouts of extreme jealousy and anger towards her kitty sisters. She really is so much like me, yet much sweeter and more visibly vicious.  OK, vicious is too harsh a word for her as she has never harmed Allie or Jinger, but nor has she allowed them into her heart.  It's more of a tolerance, but I suspect she would miss them dreadfully if they were not around.
Mommy, Emmi Sue, Allie and Jinger.. a long time ago!
It's funny how Emmi Sue can be somewhat "catty" towards her sisters and soooooo ultra sweet to humans!  Almost every single person who has ever met her falls in love with how wonderfully loving she is.  It's simply her nature to sit on peoples' laps or want to be held, yet she understands what a stern "no" means, so telling her this will stop her from leaping onto anyone's lap.  Well, unless she's absolutely determined to eventually be on your lap!  She'll patiently wait until your guard is down and then you are hers!  Resist her charms if you can, but I doubt you'll be able to hold back from rubbing her little chin or belly.

So all of this leads me to the results from Emmi Sue's most recent veterinarian visit, this past Friday.  I had had a few concerns, including her eating a bit less than usual, having less energy, becoming startled far too easily once again, as was the case at the beginning of this battle with chronic kidney disease, and I was very concerned about all this.
I honestly could not be happier with our vet, Dr. Carolyn Ecker.  I showed up at our appointment a half hour early, which turned out to be a very good thing.  She had no patients ahead of Emmi Sue so she had time to look over my two pages of questions, concerns and supplement suggestions.  She even went as far as going to the computer and researching one of the supplements (I knew she wouldn't have heard of this one), so she would know what it was before agreeing or recommending something different.

I am ecstatic to say that Emmi Sue's blood work showed much improvement (yay!) and I will continue doing what I have been giving her, with a couple added supplements.  I am beyond happy with how Dr. Ecker and I work so well together, making a wonderful team in Emmi Sue's healthcare.  And to think the previous vet had given my baby 2 weeks to a month to live!  Emmi Sue is feeling quite well and her diagnosis was already two months ago.  This goes to show how much some vets know, and how much the love and dedication of a stubborn mom can do for her baby.  Emmi Sue is happy, purring her little head off, eating well again and she wakes me each morning by climbing on top of me and nudging my face with her cold, wet nose.  I can't think of a sweeter way to awaken to a new day! ♥
I have my three precious girls.. Emmi Sue, Allie and Jinger.  It doesn't matter what life throws at us or where we are, as long as we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment