Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dealing with the heat, life and love ♥

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, Independence Day for the United States of America, and I will spend it at home where it is nice and cool.  We have been having 100°to 110°F (37°to 43°C) for days on end with no relief in sight until, maybe, Sunday or Monday.  Luckily, I haven't had to leave my house for any reason, aside from seeing my chiropractor yesterday, so I've been keeping very cool but those of us with chronic illnesses still feel the effects of weather changes, even when inside our homes.

My happy news is that when I was coming home from dinner with my parents (after the chiro) yesterday evening, there was a box in my mail with a battery charger and two packages containing four rechargeable batteries in each!  I was so glad and hopeful that I would maybe finally get some relief with my new electrotherapy system and so far, it is working quite well and the charger is actually working as it should.  Yay for me!
I have to admit that as much of a positive person as I have become in recent years, I have few friends in my life.  Wait, what am I saying?  I HAD very few friends until recently!  Now, I have friends to chat with at almost any time of the day and it is absolutely wonderful to know they are there for me as much as I am there for them.  Most of us share an MS diagnosis, but not all.  Those who do can understand me on a different level as we have many of the same insecurities, battles, fears and are able to support one another beautifully.  And in the process, I fell in love and am on top of the world.  What more could I want?

Simply by being true to myself and sharing my insights, an entire world of friends have come into my life and changed my outlook to make it even sunnier than it already was, and this is saying quite a lot.  Yes, I get down on myself and life when my MS is kicking my behind with the pain, but all in all I really am a very positive person as worrying and stressing is pretty damn pointless.  Now I have a new focus.  I have something, or someone, to keep my mind so very occupied that even the pain cannot compare to what I feel in my heart and mind.  I hate to call him a distraction but from the pain, yes, he definitely is that and I am very grateful.  It feels amazing to be happy and smiling from ear to ear for no reason other than knowing he's thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment