Sunday, July 8, 2012

Not the best few days for me and those I love

It seems Thursday was basically a bad day all around for me and most of my friends.. and my sweetheart.  When I first got on my computer and checked Facebook, I was startled and really very frightened, by what I read.  My honey had experienced a sort of "black out," or perhaps seizure, of some kind.  It was short lived as it was only a couple minutes in duration, but it was enough to scare his co-worker into calling the paramedics.  This has us both concerned and I hope he doesn't have another episode before seeing his neurologist in a few weeks.. or ever!
This is a message he wrote and posted  on Facebook on June 28th.. and I love it.
A few of my dearest friends with MS were also having a terrible time of it and much of it can be attributed to the intense heat wave which has been plaguing almost the entire United States for over a week.  We should finally have some relief by Sunday, or at lease in parts of the Midwest.

Then there's me.  I had gotten up earlier than usual Thursday, as I'm trying to become accustomed to a more "normal" schedule so I can catch my sweetie earlier in the day and maybe even get a few things done.  After reading his message and knowing he way laying down to sleep for a  while, I took advantage of the moment and showered and this pretty much wipes me out for the rest of the day.  I knew I had to relax after showering as I still had a few things to do as the day went on, so I hooked myself up to my TENS system and sat down to let it work its magic.  I really am going to blame the excessive heat for the incredible pain I have been in as neither the Baclofen (my pain/spasm medication) nor the TENS has been helping as much as usual lately.  By the time my sweetie got online, around 3:45pm, we only had a few minutes to chat before I needed to get ready for my parents to take me to my chiropractor.  He was still feeling quite "out of it" and reassured me he would be going to bed early that evening, as I still needed to do my grocery shopping after my appointment and would not be able to catch him again that night.
Even with my using a motorized cart at Walmart for shopping and my parents loading everything into a regular cart for me, by the time we arrived at my home I was completely exhausted and my hips were in terrible pain.  What had I done to hurt so damn much?  Basically, nothing. I'm sure I had been very tense inside since I couldn't get the picture of him out of my mind, laying on the hard, cold floor yet having no recollection of it when he came to.  I couldn't get this image out of my mind so between my concern for him and the body pain I was in, it was a very shitty day and evening.

Honestly, the pain keeps lingering and with the weather finally stabilizing a little bit this coming week, I'm hoping the pain will lessen at least enough for some relief.  I don't ask for much, just a tiny bit would be nice.  The good thing is that after spending some time with him online today (yes, it was technically yesterday), he was feeling somewhat better and for this, I am VERY thankful.  Now to see what the rest of the weekend and week hold for me, my love and my friends.  It can't get much worse, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment