Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

MS.. consider chiropractic care for pain relief

If I said it once, I'll say it again.. going to my chiropractor has made life soooo much better!  Just as going to my neurologist will never heal me, my chiropractor cannot take all the pain away, but his adjustments and gentle massages have made such a difference in my life.  There was a time when I was completely against chiropractic care and being that I am an extremely stubborn woman, I did not foresee ever changing my mind, but once the pain became absolutely unbearable I was willing to try anything to make it at least a little bit better.  I decided to try going to a chiropractor almost two years ago, with the first one I saw being a bit of a "quack," but I maintained an open mind until I found the one I see on a regular basis to this day.  Dr. Mike Richards has helped me understand my body a bit more and has taken away much of the discomfort I would be feeling if I were not going to him.. and for this I am very thankful.

Taking medication is a sort of "band-aid" that will never heal our bodies of anything.  It merely masks the pain until it is felt again and we take our next dosage.  That's what I like so much about chiropractic.  It's natural care for our bodies and is not "band-aiding" anything.  Yes, it's true that what I have wrong with my body cannot be healed but the spasms can be lessened and my problems HAVE gotten somewhat better with regular care as he is teaching my body how it should be functioning by reminding it of what it's supposed to do.  Our "medical" doctors, however, are taught to give us medicine as a way of healing us, which really doesn't heal our bodies, unless they are treating the flu, infections or other ailments that need antibiotics or worse.  I've learned to give an entire new sort of respect to chiropractors and other more ancient practices.  They have been around for centuries for a reason.. they work!
For anyone with MS and suffering from extreme body pain, I urge you to look into chiropractic care and when you choose to do this, make sure you have a sit-down with the doctor and discuss his care plan for you and make sure you tell him what it is you want from him/her.  In most cases, I would not recommend you mention your wish to go to a chiropractor to your general physician or neurologist as chiropractors are rarely respected or seen as necessary by most doctors.  They would rather medicate you than have you going to a hands-on sort of doctor, yet it's something that could help you more than you can begin to imagine.  Try looking outside the box and put your own well-being ahead of what your doctor may think if you go to a chiropractor.

As for me, after seeing my chiro today I feel much better.  I am still leaning to the left but not nearly as much as before I went.  The pain has lessened enough that I was able to enjoy a glass of wine (Riesling is the best!) with dinner and not take any pain meds since early this morning.  I have two appointments next week, as I usually do but have not gone lately because of various reasons.  I will not let anything interfere with my chiropractic appointments anymore!  My pain and my body must come first.  And as always, live is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment